Hey Joonyoung, great news about the smoking thing. I’m coming up to 2 years since I quit and it’s totally worth it. I only cheated when I went to Korea three months after I quit.
You should come detox in Vancouver; smokers are treated like fucking drug addicts. Anyway, it’ll suck at first but it gets easier. Your skin will get better (mine did), you’ll feel, look and smell better AND you’ll have some extra Won in your pocket.
Smokes are too cheap in Korea, last I saw they were around $10 a pack here! Good luck and keep with it :)
- it’s carcinogenic -DUH! but seriously. I don’t mind dying, but I guess I do mind dying of cancer. i hear it’s one of the nastiest ways to go.
- it’s a turn-off for many men - a fact I’ve been ignoring for many years by telling myself that there’s something sexy about smoking. but i gotta keep it real cause i ain’t no movie star.
- of other negative health effects, namely skin problems - my acne problem makes me feel terribly insecure these days and I’m taking all possible measures.
- I get up better in the morning - just another big plus for maintaining my ever-so-hyper energy
- it’s an excuse to stop drinking copiously - seriously. i need to give it a rest. besides, why not save the liver as well as the lungs.
- I’m trying to be adult about some decisions I make for myself - terribly boring, but finally happening.
- I want to be more mindful of what goes inside my body - I want to stop feeling guilty about some of the things I consume.
- I am in need of some major changes - It’s that time of the year.
- I want to stop being perceived as a smoker - never a preferable label
- it’s simply a nasty habit
If u wanna be my support group, keep a mindful eye on me and give me words of encouragement, that’d be totally cool. If ur a cynic who thinks this won’t last long, i’m sorry 4 u and ur pessimism.